Merry Fisher 855 Review
The Merry Fisher 855 Sports Motor boat is a power boat that has been made for luxurious cruising in mind, it has design features that maximises comfort on board to levels that are incomparable to any other 8 metre cruising boat. An example of this level of comfort being the two independent cabins that are both spacious with incorporated double berths. Not only is the Merry Fisher 855 cruiser designed for comfort, it is also designed for economic cruising thanks to its outboard boat engine design. Outboard boat engines are more fuel efficient than ever. Integrating the outboard boat options into the Merry Fisher 855 design has a number of beneficial factors in comparison to having an inboard version, for example, outboards are generally quitter than inboard engines. Fixing an outboard engine to the transom of the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 boat minimalists vibration to one area. An outboard boat engine also allows for more space on board, where the inboard boat engine would be tis area can now be used for additional storage. Finally outboard boat engines are faster and easier to service and maintain adding to the economical factor. Following the Jeanneau Merry Fisher tradition, the interior and exterior spaces of the Merry Fisher 855 offers a spacious, safe and stylish look. The interior wheelhouse is surrounded by 360° glazed windows that increases ventilation, natural light and allows anyone on board to maximise their experience of the marine environment. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 truly is a real cruising boat that will win over any person looking for a cruising boat, it doesn’t only perform through its aesthetic design but also with her seaworthy capabilities.
New to 2015′
For 2015 there have been 13 modifications made to the Merry Fisher 855 boat to maximise your on board experience, these changes range from aesthetic design to control facilities that make the Merry Fisher 855motor boat safer and easier to control. One of the biggest changes to the 2015 range is that the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 is now available in an offshore version, this means that the 855 can now safely travel further distances safely as it has had an EC certification upgrade to category B. The Merry Fisher 855 Offshore version is suitable for voyages where conditions up to, and including, wind force 8 and significant wave heights up to, and including, 4 metres may be experienced. With the offshore version can now accommodate a 200HP twin boat engine setup. Hull design changes and decoration have been changed, a white hull with a new dark grey Merry Fisher logo has been incorporated into the design, along with a new black rubber insert along the aluminium rail creates a new sporty finish to design. To match the exterior grey logo, Jeanneau have now also incorporated a new colour scheme to the Merry Fisher 855 Upholstery, now in a “Loom Shark” finish. Modifications have now been made to the Trim Pack that is available; the trim pack is a bundle of optional extras that can be added to your Merry Fisher 855 to customise to your every need. The New Trim Pack consists of:
- Electric Windlass
- Cockpit Shower
- Electrical Trim Tabs
- LED Lights in cockpit floor
- Aft cockpit bench cushions (Seats and backrest)
- Double berth option in saloon.
For additional ease of use an optional windlass can be incorporated into the design, new to 2015 is a helm position control, rather than using the hand remote control located within the anchor locker in the fore deck, the new Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 model can have fitting located next to the controls at the helm station, preventing you from leaving the cabin on days where the weather is not as forgiving. In addition to the new Trim Level Pack, alterations to the electronics pack have now been made, the electronic pack now contains:
- Lowrance Combo HDS-9 Touch.
- Lowrance P79 Transducer.
- Sonic Hub FM Audio Server (I-Phone & USB Connections).
From the prices available, these packages offer bundle prices that now give you more value for money in comparison to previous package prices. For additional comfort, new cushion designs have been integrated into the design/packages of the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 such, the back rest for the saloon aft. 220 Volt air conditioning located in the saloon and front cabin are also now available for the, increasing comfort for the 855 is crucial as this now allows you to comfortably stay on board overnight in colder weather, you are now no longer weather restricted if you wish to entertain your friends and family. Relating to overnight stays, the Merry Fisher 855 now has a double berth compliment new to 2015 which increases the berthing space, increasing comfort for your overnight stay, the noticeable difference between double berth compliment in the saloon area in comparison to other Merry Fisher Models, is that the seats move rather than the backrest, the seats are fixed onto tracks making it much easier to convert than any Merry Fisher Range. Finally, for increased safety, new bathing platforms have been designed for the 855, they are larger in size and flush mounted, the increased area makes it easier for persons to step aboard and the flush mount option prevents anyone from tripping.
New design features and innovative design solutions have been made to the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855. Aft bench seats are positioned on tracks, when the engines are lowered they can be pulled back to create a seat that faces towards the sea, this creates a very comfortable and practical fishing position. This also maximises aft deck space and allows you to service the engines from a manageable position. A new glazed hard top bimini has been provided to protect the saloon from rain, integrated into the bimini is a glazed section so that no natural light is blocked. The biggest innovative design feature included within the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 is the two enclosed cabins with large double beds. Both have natural lighting thanks to integrated portholes. The fore cabin has an island berth creating a spacious feel.
Merry Fisher 855 Exterior Design
A big design feature that has been incorporated into the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 design is space and lots of natural light. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 exterior design helps provide these features by including portholes and openings in suitable locations to maximise ventilation and natural light.
- One of the most distinct features incorporated into the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 exterior design is that it has two sliding wheelhouse hatches located on the wheelhouse roof. Because the saloon space is much larger in the Merry Fisher 855 in comparison to her smaller variations, she has to have two sliding wheelhouse hatches to sufficiently allow enough light in.
- Located on the GRP Bimini is a sun visor, again similar to the hatches, the visors are designed to allow light through onto the aft deck whilst still providing sufficient protection against the rain.
- To complete the wheelhouse cabin 360° wheelhouse window design, the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 has been designed with a very large panoramic windshield. This provides the pilot with lots of visibility to both areas on board and to the sea. The wheelhouse provides lots of visibility for the pilot; the 360° view provides lots of aesthetic quality but provides additional safety on board. From any point on board, you can clearly see the fore, aft and entire wheelhouse, optimising safety on board for families and fishing. Lots of visibility is provided for the pilot, thanks to the sliding doors/wheelhouse window, the pilot can clearly see the aft deck, fore deck and side walkways for when mooring, anchoring or on approaches.
Merry Fisher 855 Exterior Options
Jeanneau have also incorporated design features and options that provides facilities to enhance your cruising or fishing experience. These features range from seating to increase comfort onboard or to access for increased safety, they include:
- The sliding hatch door is a feature normally only available for the marlin ranges, it is the only saloon version to have a large sliding siding incorporated into its design. This is thanks to its large side deck walkways. The Sliding side door optimises both access and safety on board, it provides a practical advantage for the pilot as he/she can easily throw warps, fenders and view the starboard side whilst mooring the Merry Fisher 855.
- With both the sliding side door and the wide/deep side deck, movement around the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 is extremely easy and safe. Movement from aft deck to fore deck is easy and convenient as there is a straight clear passage to both decks. The sliding door in the centre provides easier to the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 wheelhouse. Incorporated into the design of the side deck it a stainless steel hand grab rail to help aid passengers walk along the side deck. The deep feature increases safety for all users including children.
- Entranceway from the aft deck into the wheelhouse has been made safer thanks to the large sliding bay entranceway. Again increasing safety as entranceway is kept at a distance to onboard appliances, ideal for children.
- As the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 is designed from a fishing boat model, increased space is given, this is because the hull design was designed to be clutter free for fishing safety purposes, however the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 is mainly for cruising and comfort. Jeanneau have transformed the aft deck from a large open area, to a large communal area designed to entertain, relax and dine in comfort. The large U-Shaped cockpit is also convertible into a large sun deck lounger (this is an optional extra). This does not affect the layout and practical feature of engine access, the rear bench can simply move forward to gain access to the engines. Like the Merry Fisher 755, this feature can also be used for a great fishing location, facing towards the back of the boat.
- New bathing platform designed have been introduced to the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 2015 range. They are larger than previous years and are flush mounted. This option increases safety and ease when entering the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855. The large space is now easier to step onto; the flush mount design prevents any tripping or falls.
- Unlike the other merry fisher models, the Merry Fisher 855 is the only version that has a single or a twin engine option. Max engine size for a single engine is 300HP and for a twin engine option (Merry Fisher Offshore) 200HP engines can be fitted. This gives the owner choice of performance, consumption and the ability to travel further distances with the reliance and safety of two engines.
- Leading from the aft bathing platforms, a deck gate has been incorporated into the design; guests can now easily and safely walk straight on board with no hassle.
- The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 has a secondary side deck located on the port side.
- A large forward sun deck has been included into the design. Unlike the Marlin version which has seating area for fishing, the Merry Fisher 855 has a sun deck where you can lounge and bathe comfortable, maximising the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 comfort value.
Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 Internal Upper Wheelhouse
- Similar to other Merry Fisher models the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 has the ability to transform its interior to cater for multiple uses. The Saloon is convertible into a double bed. Unlike other Merry Fisher models, the whole seat is moved to create the additional berth, rather than moving the backrest. This is made easier as the tracks are fastened onto tracks. This means that all fixing are securely placed. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher already has two large double berths, meaning that the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 can berth comfortable up to 6 people.
- To allow additional light into the below berthing compartments, skylights have been designed into the wheelhouse; they also provide a stylish look thanks to their tinted effect.
- As the fore saloon bench is fixed onto tracks, the bench can be transformed into a large co-pilot seat able to hold 2 people.
Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855 Internal Lower Wheelhouse
Unlike other Jeanneau Merry Fisher Models, the Merry Fisher 855 has two levels. The lower level has been designed to accommodate both services and large berthing areas.
- The forward owners cabin has now been designed with an island bed, this maximises space for movement when changing clothes or moving from one part of the berth to the other. The Island bead measures a maximum length of 2metres. It can be adjusted to 1.80 metres in length to maximise movement.
- A separate double cabin has incorporated into the design with openings for natural lighting.
- For increased privacy and comfort, a separate heads unit has been included into the design of the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 855. The heads compartment includes a manual pump toilet, sink and a shower.
- To maximise lighting and to keep in with the sea view theme, hull windows have been included in the design of the Merry Fisher 855. This allows owners to have a sea view from their main owners berth.
- To access the berthing compartments, a sliding door has been used rather than a hinged option. This simple feature increases space, easier movement and does not obstruct any the entrance to the guest berth.
- Located in the main berth is a hanging locker. The hanging locker allows you to store shirts and other clothes for weekends away.
- A technical bilge compartment has been integrated into the design of the Merry Fisher 855, containing all the necessary services that may need regular inspection. Easy access.